Re: [ANE-2] Re: Book review of the Talpiot tomb- a must read

  • David Hall
    Message 1 of 34 , Jul 4, 2007
      There is less evidence for the existence of Abraham and Jacob than for Jesus. Josephus wrote about Jesus. Tacitus, Pliny, and Seutonius wrote about the followers of Jesus. Those of the Christian religion copied the libraries of Greek and Roman classics until the printing press was invented. The Christian copies of the Septuagint were generally more accurate when compared to the Dead Sea scrolls than the Hebrew copies of the Torah and Tanaach. To take a tomb of individuals buried during successive generations and to say that this is the tomb of Jesus over all other tombs in Jerusalem that contained Yehoshua ossuaries is a farce. It is known Yehoshua/Yeshua was a common name as was Miriam or Miriamne. There were as many Herod's as few know the number of people of the same family named Herod in those days. The Talpiot tomb book was an attempt to make a work similar to the fictional "Divinci Code", and try to make hundreds of millions of dollars. It would be easier to
      prove that Exodus was a myth than to prove Jesus was buried in Talpiot.

      David Q. Hall
      dqhall59@...
      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 4, 2007
        My review: http://www.bookreviews.org/pdf/4277_4249.pdf