Re: [ANE-2] Re: Book review of the Talpiot tomb- a must read

  • George F Somsel
    Message 1 of 34 , Jul 2 6:16 AM
      Quite obviously, there would have been fewer who would remember or have access to Talpiot, but that isn't the main point. The author of Luke / Acts was very likely writing in another location to a recipient who was also in another location. This would mean that the likelihood of his recipient having knowledge of Talpiot would have been minuscule or non-existent (I am assuming the claim that it was the tomb of the Jesus family for the sake of argument). Furthermore, the author himself tells us that he was reliant upon the accounts of others so that he may himself have been unaware of it. Having said that, I don't think the case is even close to being proven that Jesus who was called the Christ was buried at Talpiot.

      george
      gfsomsel

      defend the truth till death.

      - Jan Hus