Re: Talpiot tomb, a final accounting -the sad truth...

  • Paula
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2007
      Dear all,

      We all know that money value is much more appreciated in present
      societies than culture and real knowledge.

      In my country, football grasps all state budgets and expenses
      possible (because it is an automatic state revenue; culture is only
      1% of Portugal's national budget).

      I am an independant researcher and I have been financing myself for
      five years now, since I turned professional on research in ancient
      Egypt.

      I am waiting for a private fund to be granted to go to Manchester to
      pursue my studies and research; the last application (2 years ago),
      made to a state fund, to do this Masters I am finishing here (not to
      go to a foreign country) was refused on the grounds that "I have a
      very big project plan with many activities and deep research
      involved". No long term investment on research is valued in here.

      So, when the world values what or who originates money MORE than what
      or who is truthful and scientifically professional based, we all have
      to call it sad...

      Paula Veiga
      Health and Medicine in ancient Egypt
      Lisbon, Portugal