Talpiot tomb, a final accounting -the sad truth...

  • Joe Zias
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2007
      Apropos to my latest posting, that the public seems to have realized that they were hoaxed over the Talpiot tomb I received the following from a viewer a few minutes ago. Any comments to his last remarks will be appreciated as I think he speaks for all of us out there struggling to prevent the abuses within the profession of archeology and biblical studies while at the same time trying to support our own research.

      "sorry joe,

      you lost.

      simcha and the BAR crowd..$2,000,000+
      joe..........$0

      scientists who believe in Simcha. and the BAR crowd.....12
      scientists who believe in Joe.........15000
      added business and royalties given joe by these scientists....$100?

      simcha has a TV show and big following.
      the exposers of the fraud( you + others)....forgotten.

      science will thank you for your efforts....and thats all you will get. so here it is. "thank you Joe."

      now...the big question. how do you turn your science into real money and do it honestly?"

      Joe Zias www.joezias.com
      Anthropology/Paleopathology

      Science and Antiquity Group @ The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
      Jerusalem, Israel

    • Paula
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2007
        Dear all,

        We all know that money value is much more appreciated in present
        societies than culture and real knowledge.

        In my country, football grasps all state budgets and expenses
        possible (because it is an automatic state revenue; culture is only
        1% of Portugal's national budget).

        I am an independant researcher and I have been financing myself for
        five years now, since I turned professional on research in ancient
        Egypt.

        I am waiting for a private fund to be granted to go to Manchester to
        pursue my studies and research; the last application (2 years ago),
        made to a state fund, to do this Masters I am finishing here (not to
        go to a foreign country) was refused on the grounds that "I have a
        very big project plan with many activities and deep research
        involved". No long term investment on research is valued in here.

        So, when the world values what or who originates money MORE than what
        or who is truthful and scientifically professional based, we all have
        to call it sad...

        Paula Veiga
        Health and Medicine in ancient Egypt
        Lisbon, Portugal