Kerma or Meroe Pictures in NYT Article?

  • EHEINR007@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2007
      Today I looked at the NYT article about the U Chicago rescue excavations and findings in Sudan at http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/19/science/19kush.html?pagewanted=2&_r=3&hp&adxnnl=0&adxnnlx=1182209500-p10KDhao9RDSarD3IqA5LQ and found pictures of pyramid complexes associated with the article that appeared to be from the Napatan/Meroitic kingdom (c. 650 BC to c. 350 AD) rather than the Kerma culture (c. 2000 to 1500 BC) which was discussed in the article. Was NYT just trying to find some "eye candy" to go with the article to grab people's attention?
      Thanks
      Earl J. Heinrich
      Adler Graduate School Library
      Intermitent Student at University of Minnesota History and Classical & Near Eastern Studies Departments.