IES URL?

  • Donald R. Vance, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2007
      The URL for the Israel Exploration Society given on their mailing and
      returned by a Google search, <www.hum.huji.ac.il\ies> does not work.
      Changing the back slash to a forward slash (i.e., <www.hum.huji.ac.il/
      ies>) does not work either. Has it changed and does any one know what
      it is?

      Donald R. Vance, Ph.D.
      Professor of Biblical Languages and Literature
      Oral Roberts University
      dvance@...
      donaldrvance@...
    • Tim Cashion
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2007
        The correct URL is:

        http://www.hum.huji.ac.il/

        Tim Cashion
        Montreal, PQ

        The URL for the Israel Exploration Society given on their mailing and

        returned by a Google search, <www.hum.huji. ac.il\ies> does not work.

        Changing the back slash to a forward slash (i.e., <www.hum.huji. ac.il/

        ies>) does not work either. Has it changed and does any one know what

        it is?

        Donald R. Vance, Ph.D.

        Professor of Biblical Languages and Literature

        Oral Roberts University

        dvance@...

        donaldrvance@ mac.com

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;}
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family:Arial;
        clear:both;}
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;}
        #ygrp-actbar{
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
        .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        #ygrp-ft{
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom:10px;}

        #ygrp-vital{
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-vital a {
        text-decoration:none;}

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;font-size:77%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration:none;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        margin:0;}
        o {font-size:0;}
        .MsoNormal {
        margin:0 0 0 0;}
        #ygrp-text tt{
        font-size:120%;}
        blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
        .replbq {margin:4;}
        -->

      • Donald R. Vance, Ph.D.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 11, 2007
          Unfortunately, this simply gives me the humanities department at
          Hebrew U. and I can find no link to the IES there.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 11, 2007
            I tried to google it: Israel.exploration.society. No access, so their server must be down.

            Niels Peter Lemche

            Unfortunately, this simply gives me the humanities department at
            Hebrew U. and I can find no link to the IES there.

            Donald R. Vance, Ph.D.
            Professor of Biblical Languages and Literature
            Oral Roberts University
            dvance@...
            donaldrvance@...

            On Jun 11, 2007, at 9:43 PM, Tim Cashion wrote:

            > The correct URL is:
            >
            > http://www.hum.huji.ac.il/
            >
            > Tim Cashion
            > Montreal, PQ

          • Yigal Levin
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 11, 2007
              You might try phoning them: 972-2-6257991 (if that still works).

              Yigal Levin