Request for assisance regarding photograph of Joseph Epping.

  • gtosiris@mpx.com.au
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 10, 2007
      Hi,

      I have been informed that a portrait photograph of the astronomer and pioneer assyriologist
      Joseph Epping SJ appeared in the obituary for Joseph Epping by Alexander Baumgartner SJ in
      Zeitschrift für Assyriologie und Verwandte Gebeite, Neunter Band (Volume Nine), 1894. I have
      consulted two copies of the particular volume in Australia but cannot locate such. However,
      both copies of the particular volumes were damaged and any portrait plate at the end of the volume
      may have been lost. Can anybody on this list verify whether or not a portrait plate of Joseph Epping
      does exist in this particular volume?

      Thanks in advance for any assistance.

      Regards,
      Gary Thompson