Re: Crocodiles are alive and well in the desert ...

  • Fco. Javier Gómez Torres
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2007
      Dear Ariel,
      Thank you for this note.
      That is the very interesting documentary presented by University of Ulster PhD student Tara Shine and the German Herpetologist Hemmo Nickel about the Sahel or Sahara Nile Crocodile (without scientific name yet, I think)
      Guggisberg call them 'pygmy crocodiles' - not to be confounded with the dwarf crocodiles of West Africa - he says.
      This Nile crocodile subspecies survives in some areas of the Sahel and the south borders of the Sahara.

      Kindest regards,
      Fco. Javier Gómez Torres
      (Zaragoza)
      fj.gomez@...