Re: [ANE-2] new Iranian history

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2007

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Michael F. Lane <mflane@...>
      To: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com; Peter T. Daniels <grammatim@...>
      Cc: ANE-2 list <ANE-2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, June 7, 2007 7:17:55 PM
      Subject: Re: [ANE-2] new Iranian history

      For what it's worth (and that may not be much), there are seven "customer
      reviews" at Amazon.com:

      <http://www.amazon com/Shadows- Desert-Ancient- General-Military /dp/1846031087>

      I don't often look at amazon reviews -- but that has to be the worst set of 7 they've ever gathered! (And every one of them thinks it's sincerely praising the book, except for the one who hasn't the faintest idea why a Persian military history won't look like a Greek or Roman one, let alone a modern one.)

      Why not offer to review it for a peer-reviewed journal?

      It's not my field!