Re: Talpiot Tomb and BAS/BAR non-prophets

  • Ellen Herscher
    Message 1 of 14 , May 2, 2007
      I would just like to bring to the attention of group
      members that the Archaeological Institute of America
      sponsors FREE lectures in all of its ca. 100 local
      societies throughout North America, and it also
      publishes the excellent magazine "Archaeology," which
      is available both by subscription and on newsstands.
      While not devoted solely to "biblical archaeology"
      like BAR and NEA, this topic is a major component of
      the presentations. The AIA welcomes scholars in the
      field interested in lecturing through their program.

      For local societies and their lecture programs:
      http://www.archaeological.org/webinfo.php?page=10135

      Ellen Herscher
    • Garold Mills
      Message 2 of 14 , May 2, 2007
        Hi,
        We have lectures here at OU. However they are not free. The local group has to fund the lecturer. Several Thousand dollars for travel etc. But the lecturers are great. Our local chapter has a goober for a president though.

        Garold Mills
        I would just like to bring to the attention of group
        members that the Archaeological Institute of America
        sponsors FREE lectures in all of its ca. 100 local
        societies throughout North America, and it also
        publishes the excellent magazine "Archaeology," which
        is available both by subscription and on newsstands.
        While not devoted solely to "biblical archaeology"
        like BAR and NEA, this topic is a major component of
        the presentations. The AIA welcomes scholars in the
        field interested in lecturing through their program.

        For local societies and their lecture programs:
        http://www.archaeological.org/webinfo.php?page=10135<http://www.archaeological.org/webinfo.php?page=10135>

        Ellen Herscher

      • nljmail@wideopenwest.com
        Message 3 of 14 , May 4, 2007
          Just out of curiosity -- How does BAS/BAR (which I never thought was a non-profit, at least the magazine part) compare with National Geographic?��� I know that my Anthro teacher had a very low opinion of their grants...

          Nancy Jones
          Amateur Jack of all trades
          Arlington Hts, IL