Re: Dutchman's Noah's ark opens doors

  • funhistory
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
      > an amusing piece on a half-size "replica" of Noah's Ark.
      > Christopher Conlan

      Because of ANE-2's propensity for scientific accuracy, please note that
      this is actually a one-fifth replica (taking into consideration that
      nobody knows for sure how long a cubit would've been at that particular
      time). The Genesis record states 300 long, 50 wide, 30 high; this
      one's 150x20x30:

      http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/04/28/dutch.ark.ap/

      How embarrassing--the BBC (the link in Conlan's original post) can't
      even do an elementary volume calculation! But then again, I'm assuming
      that the CNN reporter actually measured the thing. A fact I wouldn't
      bank on.

      George Michael Grena, II
      Redondo Beach, CA