Dutchman's Noah's ark opens doors

  • Christopher Conlan
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2007
      After all the talk of OCR programmes, I thought that it might be time
      for something a little more light hearted.

      Follow the link below for an amusing piece on a half-size "replica" of
      Noah's Ark.

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6604879.stm

      Christopher Conlan
    • JPvdGiessen
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2007
        Some weeks ago I already interviewed Johan Huibers the builder of this
        ark. For more information (all in Dutch), pictures and a short video:
        http://bijbelaantekeningen.blogspot.com/search/label/Noach

        Not very scientific but it was very impressive,

        Jan Pieter van de Giessen
        Blog: bijbelaantekeningen.blogspot.com

        --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Conlan" <chris_conlan@...>
        wrote:

        > After all the talk of OCR programmes, I thought that it might be time
        > for something a little more light hearted.
        >
        > Follow the link below for an amusing piece on a half-size "replica" of
        > Noah's Ark.
        >
        > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6604879.stm
        >
        > Christopher Conlan

      • victor avigdor hurowitz
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2007
          Did he take you out for a cruise, or is the ark only floodworthy?
          Victor Hurowitz
          BGU Beer Sheva

          On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, JPvdGiessen wrote:

          > Some weeks ago I already interviewed Johan Huibers the builder of this
          > ark. For more information (all in Dutch), pictures and a short video:
          > http://bijbelaantekeningen.blogspot.com/search/label/Noach
          >
          > Not very scientific but it was very impressive,
          >
          > Jan Pieter van de Giessen
          > Blog: bijbelaantekeningen.blogspot.com
          >
          > --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Conlan" <chris_conlan@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > After all the talk of OCR programmes, I thought that it might be time
          > > for something a little more light hearted.
          > >
          > > Follow the link below for an amusing piece on a half-size "replica" of
          > > Noah's Ark.
          > >
          > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6604879.stm
          > >
          > > Christopher Conlan

        • funhistory
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
            > an amusing piece on a half-size "replica" of Noah's Ark.
            > Christopher Conlan

            Because of ANE-2's propensity for scientific accuracy, please note that
            this is actually a one-fifth replica (taking into consideration that
            nobody knows for sure how long a cubit would've been at that particular
            time). The Genesis record states 300 long, 50 wide, 30 high; this
            one's 150x20x30:

            http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/04/28/dutch.ark.ap/

            How embarrassing--the BBC (the link in Conlan's original post) can't
            even do an elementary volume calculation! But then again, I'm assuming
            that the CNN reporter actually measured the thing. A fact I wouldn't
            bank on.

            George Michael Grena, II
            Redondo Beach, CA