AIA Iberian Peninsula Society

  • Paula Veiga
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2007
      Dear Colleagues,

      I am forwarding this email from our newest Society; a branch of the AIA. You
      are all invited to enroll in another opportunity to develop research in
      archaeology.
      The website will be online in less than 30 days. Please check it later on.
      Feel free to make it public.

      Thank you for your support,
      Paula Veiga

      *Iberian Society Peninsula** *

      * ** *

      ***March 22, 2007*

      *Dear Members and Colleagues,*

      *It gives me great pleasure to announce our first meeting on April 12, 2007
      at 18:00 at the Museu Nacional de Arqueologia in Belem. Many of our members
      live close enough to attend but those of you who can not, notes of the
      meeting will be distributed via email after the meeting. (No voting or
      executive decisions will be made during this meeting.) *

      *We will be formally introducing the society to our members and to
      non-members and presenting some of the goals, committees and work to be
      accomplished over the next 3 years. *

      *I will be presenting the society and introducing who we are and in what
      capacity the society can and will be involved in archaeological research
      and promotion. As well, members and non-members who have questions,
      concerns and ideas will find themselves in a polite and open environment to
      do so. *

      *In a few days, I will be submitting the meeting agenda to members so that
      we can all be better prepared to have a successful and enjoyable encounter.
      Any ideas or suggestions can be emailed to me at iberianaia@... or
      contact@....*

      *You will find that many of our members are already involved in the
      promotion of the society and that we have a few projects already off and
      running. PLEASE NOTE: Vanda Raimundo is our lecture society person and she
      is open to taking suggestions or abstract proposals from individuals who
      wish to offer their time in giving a lecture in the future. She can be
      reached at: lecture.society@...*

      *Best to all and I look forward to our meeting,*

      *Maia M. Langley*

      *President*

      Archaeological Institute of America
      Iberian Peninsula Society