Re: [ANE-2] Chicago Tribune article on "Oldest Song Ever"

  • Kevin P. Edgecomb
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2007
      I was wondering that, too. It was Anne Kilmer, Richard Crocker, and Robert Brown. The latter built the large Sumerian harp replica (Crocker sings the Hurrian hymn to its accompaniment) and the smaller Canaanite harp replica (with which Kilmer sings). The album (vinyl!) with accompanying explanatory booklet is called "Sounds From Silence." I've got a copy. It's quite eerie, reminiscent of old Roman chant, the pre-Gregorian stuff.

      It looks like it's still available from this online store, along with some other interesting ancient musicy stuff:
      http://www.bellaromamusic.com/store.html

      Regards,
      Kevin P. Edgecomb
      Berkeley, California