Re: Iron II Wall in Jerusalem: Was [ANE-2] first temple wall and hyperbole

  • Yitzhak Sapir
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30 5:43 AM
      On 3/30/07, Eliot Braun wrote:
      > In any event, the wall is not of the temple, nor of its precincts. Its down hill, quite
      > far away and has nothing to do with the temple. I'd prefer Iron II.

      Dear Eliot,

      I know Mazar doesn't think she's digging up a temple, but how well do we know
      that? I think she mentioned back then that she found a fragment of a pillar
      figurine in secondary location. I suppose instead of "Second Temple" it would
      be wiser to use the terms "Persian"/"Hellenistic"/"Roman"?

      Yitzhak Sapir