Re: [ANE-2] first temple wall

  • Yitzhak Sapir
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2007
      On 3/30/07, Jim West wrote:
      > The Jerusalem Post has a report on the discovery of a wall from the
      > first temple period in Jerusalem.
      >
      > http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1173879210701&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
      >
      > thanks to Joseph Lauer for the tip.

      Well, my guess is, that it is advertised now because of the Passover holiday
      now coming up, to build publicity for a tour. I'm sure this is a
      great discovery
      and I also don't think it's too surprising since ever since the
      digging started a
      few years ago it was clear that there was much more to be discovered that had
      not been dug up in the City of David previously. Nevertheless, it is
      not mentioned
      as one of the tour sites on the City of David website:
      http://www.cityofdavid.org.il/ArticleDetails_eng.asp?id=169
      (Go to the main website to hear a Hebrew theme song or click "Model" to see a
      really nice flyby video of a beautiful recreation of the City of David
      -- are those
      planters on the paned windows of David's palace?!? -- well, maybe someone
      didn't stop the artist from adding a personal touch, but it is very well done).

      Yitzhak Sapir