Re: [ANE-2] The 3 Skulls in the Talpiot Tomb

  • Joe Zias
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2007
      Doug, As someone who has seen his share of tombs with ossuaries, there is always a great number of bones not found in ossuaires, scattered everywhere, in the central pit, in the kohhim etc. What you are reading, if it is from the book are the words of a an author who penned such works as Ghosts of the Titanic, Ghosts of Vesuvius, psychic phenomena, serious sci. stuff.
      This may be why the Discovery Channel pulled the pgrm. It shouldn't have been run the first time. When I got word that their press conf. was being held in the NY Public Library, I immed. protested, asking them to reconsider holding it there, they never replied. In the end they got burned, same with the ROM in Canada who exh. the James Ossuary. In fact, in light of things I, as a former curator, believe that the ROM has a responsibility to those viewers who stood in line for hours to see something which the IAA and many others declared to have been altered. Bottom line is they made a fortune off the exh. and ignored those who were taken for a ride.
      Joe Zias

      Doug Weller <dweller@...> wrote: Hi,

      http://www.jesusfamilytomb.com/new_discoveries/the_chevron.html

      "Puzzlingly, bones had been placed in the antechamber directly underneath the chevron symbol, possibly deliberately. This too was decidedly not typical. In ancient Jerusalem, the dead were placed inside tombs; in tombs, the dead were placed inside ossuaries. If anything was left behind, it was a lamp or a bottle of perfume—not skulls. What were human bones doing under the symbol? Whose bones were they?"

      What is this all about? Who wrote it? And while I'm at it, who runs this site which is supposedly the 'official site'?

      Doug

      --
      Doug Weller Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
      Director and Moderator The Hall of Ma'at http://www.thehallofmaat.com