Mary had a little Mary

  • Ariel L. Szczupak
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2007
      I found a site with interesting information on personal name
      frequencies in general ...

      http://www.galbithink.org/names/agnames.htm

      ... (the two PDFs), and on the frequency of Mary in England in particular:

      http://www.galbithink.org/sense-s8.htm

      The data shows that the frequency of Mary reached a peak of ~24% in
      1775-1800. That could imply that the similar frequency in the
      1cbc-1cad onomasticon is unusual but acceptable. There's a big
      difference though, the 18th-19th century Mary's had surnames, so I'm
      still uneasy about the onomasticon being usable for frequency calculations.

      Ariel.

      ---
      Ariel L. Szczupak
      AMIS-JLM (Ricercar Ltd.)
      POB 4707, Jerusalem, Israel 91401
      Phone: +972-2-5619660 Fax: +972-2-5634203
      ane.als@...