Re: [ANE-2] Enraged Scholars

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007
      Regarding the SciAm article and more particulary the 12 (at the time I looked) "Comments," I am astounded that the main response appears to be from self-styled "atheists" who seem to think that the attacks on the announcement and the movie are motivated by "evangelicals" who are upset that the supposed "Jesus tomb" throws doubt on the Resurrection.

      Did they not bother to read the SciAm commentary they're commenting on? Or is any NT scholar assumed to be an "evangelical"? Let alone any competent statistician?

      In the excessive coverage of Cameron's announcement (which I'm ashamed the New York Public Library lent its prestige to) on NPR and AirAmerica, absolutely nothing has been said about "evangelical" reaction.

      And I don't get the impression that Simcha whats-his-name did all this for the purpose of debunking Christianity! (Did he?)