Re: [ANE-2] off to the domesticated camel races

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 4, 2007
      George F Somsel wrote:

      > Jeffrey,
      >
      > The fact is that Paul Tobin even considers himself to be a sceptic (I had to look him up). See
      >
      > http://www.geocities.com/paulntobin/
      >
      > While I don't generally agree with Steven, he really wasn't out of line here since "sceptic" (or "skeptic" if you choose to use his spelling) is a self-description.

      George,

      Thanks for your message.

      However, whether or not Tobin considers himself a sceptic/skeptic is neither here nor there since Steven's use of the "title" of Tobin, even if derived from Tobin's web
      site, was absolutely unnecessary, and it isn't the first time that Steven has attempted to poison the well, using a fundie criterion for what is "true" to determine
      who deserves opprobrium.

      So I think my warning to him is appropriate.

      Yours,

      Jeffrey
      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)