new publication; Gamla I

  • Eliot Braun
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2007
      Dear Colleagues,
      I am pleased to announce the publication of

      Gamla I. The Pottery of the Second Temple Period. The Shmarya Gutmann Excavations, 1976-1989. (IAA Reports, No. 20).
      Andrea M. Berlin.
      Israel Antiquities Authority, Jerusalem 2006

      Contents:
      Preface: The Gamla Final Reports--Danny Syon
      Foreword
      Ch. 12 Introduction
      Ch 2. Gabrics and Wares, Forms and Types
      Ch 3 Areas B/D: Unit Descriptions and Ceeramic Inventories
      Ch 4. Area R: Unit Descriptions and Ceramic Inventories
      Ch 5: The Pottery as Evidence for Life at Gamla
      Ch 6: The Stamped Amphora Handles --Donald T Ariel
      Ch 7: The Late Roman Pottery
      References
      Appendix 1: Summary List of Complete Vessels
      Appendix 2: Pottery Concordance
      Appendix 3: Areas B/D Concordances
      Appendix 4:Are R Concordances
      Appendix 5: Stratigraphic Concordance between the Architectural Units in Bamla Volumes I and II

      Best wishes to all,

      Eliot Braun, Ph D
      Ha-oren 12, Har Adar, Israel 90836
      Tel. 972-2-5345687

    • James Spinti
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2007
        All,

        The correct IAA Report number is actually 29, not 20. It is available directly from the IAA and from Eisenbrauns:
        http://www.eisenbrauns.com/wconnect/wc.dll?ebGate~EIS~~I~IAAR29

        James

        James Spinti
        Marketing Director, Book Sales Division
        Eisenbrauns, Good books for over 30 years
        jspinti at eisenbrauns dot com
        Web: http://www.eisenbrauns.com
        Phone: 574-269-2011 ext 226
        Fax: 574-269-6788