CALL FOR ABSTRACTS SOMA2007 (XI.SYMPOSIUM ON MEDITERRANEAN ARCHAEOLOGY)

  • cigdem ozkan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2007
      Dear colleague,
      The eleventh annual meeting of the International
      Symposium on Mediterranean Archaeology (SOMA) will be
      hold in Istanbul 24-29 April 2007. The symposium
      will be organized by Istanbul Technical University.
      Deadline for abstracts is 28.02.2007
      The abstracts will be published by İstanbul
      Technical University and the papers presented will be
      published as proceedings in BAR (British
      Archaeological Reports) by ArhaeoPress.

      As it has been through the past successful meetings,
      this symposium will continue to provide an important
      opportunity for young researchers to come
      together and discuss their works in a friendly and
      supporting atmosphere. Our spectrum is getting wider
      due to the knowledge of the increasing importance of
      the interdisciplinary works in the scientific world of
      our era. There are no limitations regarding the
      subject and the period. Any paper dealing with
      Mediterranean archaeology and related disciplines will
      be accepted.
      The conference language will be English. Alloted time
      for each paper will be 20
      minutes which will be followed by a discussion. An
      opening session by the veterans of the area is being
      planned as an addition to the programme.
      You can find the detailed information and application
      form at
      soma2007.itu.edu.tr We will appreciate it if you can
      inform your colleagues on this event.
      We are looking forward to see you in Istanbul.

      Dr. Cigdem Özkan Aygün
      Symposium Coordinator
      e-mail: soma2007@... /crocusozkan@...
      Web-site: Soma2007.itu.edu.tr

      P.S. Session Topics
      Archaeological Excavation and Survey Reports :
      Ancient Architecture:
      Art History:
      Ancient History:
      Underwater Archaeology :