Re: SV: SV: SV: [ANE-2] Ancient Nationlism?

  • Jean-Fabrice Nardelli
    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 2, 2007
      My my, what an example of odium philologicum ! Everyone in the field always struggles with the limitations of Roman alphabet while transcribing Hebrew, the more so on an internet list where one is very restricted in the way of formatting (you can't put diacritics, italics, and lower- or uppercase letters). A trifle generosity shall be extended to all those here who try to present philological evidence in a discussion despite these limitations ; errors shall be pointed out, but where does it error ceases and quibbles of articulation begin ? On another matter, NPL, your insistence on referring us back to your 1985 revision of your dissertation may be taken as pushing rather far the Selbstzitat and (seemingly) die gewöhnlich aufgeführten Formen der Herrschaft.

      J.-F. Nardelli.

      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 4, 2007
        That's an interesting point -- where to begin. I've only dipped into this occassionally, since you guys lost me long ago. I'm just an interested observer. Can you give me some names of books to read, etc, to get more up to speed? And, especially, some assistance on teach yourself (since I'll never speak, just read) languages. Thanks!

        Where, if much of my knowledge on these subjects comes from BAR, BR (magazines) and books such as "Who Wrote the Bible?" by Friedman, "The Bible as History" By Keller & several courses from the Learning Company (www.teach12.com) with such lecturers as Bart D. Ehrman and Amy-Jill Levine. And a few Bible study classes at church.

        nancy in chicago
        Nancy L. Jones
        Arlington Hts, IL
        Interested Amature

        "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's toodark
        to read." Groucho Marx