Re: SV: SV: SV: [ANE-2] Ancient Nationlism?

  • Morris Silver
    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 1, 2007
      Dear Victor,

      I must have missed something. What are the social structures? How are they
      different? How do they apply to second millennium Israel?

      Best wishes,
      Morris

      Morris Silver
      Professor Emeritus
      Department of Economics
      City College of New York

      ANCIENT ECONOMIES I
      http://sondmor.tripod.com/index-html
      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 4, 2007
        That's an interesting point -- where to begin. I've only dipped into this occassionally, since you guys lost me long ago. I'm just an interested observer. Can you give me some names of books to read, etc, to get more up to speed? And, especially, some assistance on teach yourself (since I'll never speak, just read) languages. Thanks!

        Where, if much of my knowledge on these subjects comes from BAR, BR (magazines) and books such as "Who Wrote the Bible?" by Friedman, "The Bible as History" By Keller & several courses from the Learning Company (www.teach12.com) with such lecturers as Bart D. Ehrman and Amy-Jill Levine. And a few Bible study classes at church.

        nancy in chicago
        Nancy L. Jones
        Arlington Hts, IL
        Interested Amature

        "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's toodark
        to read." Groucho Marx