SV: SV: SV: SV: [ANE-2] Ancient Nationlism?

    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 31, 2006
      You are absolutely right. I simply made a mistake: the meaning is that you should not follow models "slavishly", because a model in the usual sense og a nomadic society, a chiefdom etc. will never cover the realities of this world, Such models are heuristic tools but not a Procrustes bed. I suppose that that clears up the meaning. As it stands it is nonsense.

      Happy new year also to you

      Niels Peter Lemche

      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 4, 2007
        That's an interesting point -- where to begin. I've only dipped into this occassionally, since you guys lost me long ago. I'm just an interested observer. Can you give me some names of books to read, etc, to get more up to speed? And, especially, some assistance on teach yourself (since I'll never speak, just read) languages. Thanks!

        Where, if much of my knowledge on these subjects comes from BAR, BR (magazines) and books such as "Who Wrote the Bible?" by Friedman, "The Bible as History" By Keller & several courses from the Learning Company (www.teach12.com) with such lecturers as Bart D. Ehrman and Amy-Jill Levine. And a few Bible study classes at church.

        nancy in chicago
        Nancy L. Jones
        Arlington Hts, IL
        Interested Amature

        "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's toodark
        to read." Groucho Marx