Re: Sad News: Bruce Trigger

  • catalhoyukbalter
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
      This is very sad news. Although I never met Bruce Trigger in person, I
      interviewed him extensively by telephone for my book about Catalhoyuk,
      The Goddess and the Bull, which contained long sections about
      archaeological history. He also provided a very kind jacket blurb. In
      talking to others who knew him, they say that he was invariably
      generous with his time and encouragement of other scholars,
      particularly up and coming younger ones. And of course he was probably
      the foremost historian of archaeology in the world. I hope that others
      who knew him will contribute their thoughts.

      best wishes, Michael Balter

      http://www.michaelbalter.com

      --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, <cejo@...> wrote:

      > "Bruce Trigger, one of Canada's most eminent archaeologists and a
      McGill University professor, died on Friday at the age of 69..."

      http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/arts/story.html?id=0b740a2d-87c1-4a98-9154-fbe17f2217d8