Re: [ANE-2] Sad News: Bruce Trigger

  • John Wall
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
      Unfortunately, not being a subscriber I can't get the details from the
      link:-(

      Having got/read "Ancient Egypt, a social history" and "A history of
      archaeological thought" I have to say that he was an excellent scholar and
      will be sadly missed:-(

      All the best,

      John Wall

      From: <cejo@...>
      > "Bruce Trigger, one of Canada's most eminent archaeologists and a McGill
      > University professor, died on Friday at the age of 69..."
      >
      > http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/arts/story.html?id=0b740a2d-87c1-4a98-9154-fbe17f2217d8
      >
      > -Chuck Jones-
    • catalhoyukbalter
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
        This is very sad news. Although I never met Bruce Trigger in person, I
        interviewed him extensively by telephone for my book about Catalhoyuk,
        The Goddess and the Bull, which contained long sections about
        archaeological history. He also provided a very kind jacket blurb. In
        talking to others who knew him, they say that he was invariably
        generous with his time and encouragement of other scholars,
        particularly up and coming younger ones. And of course he was probably
        the foremost historian of archaeology in the world. I hope that others
        who knew him will contribute their thoughts.

        best wishes, Michael Balter

        http://www.michaelbalter.com