Re: [ANE-2] Haaretz article on Megiddo

  • Bea Hopkinson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 24, 2006
      Hans Nissen writes (quoting Finkbeiner 1991) that during the final
      centuries of the fourth millennium, the area at Uruk-Warka most densely
      covered by Late Uruk pottery and most probably settled in this period,
      covers at least 250 hectares or 2.5 square kilometers, with the
      possibility of extending beyond that (Uruk Mesopotamia & Its
      Neighbors, Ed.Mitchell S. Rothman, pp.153-4).

      Beatrice Hopkinson