Reminder: Subject Headings, Profiles

  • Paul James Cowie
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 16, 2006
      I realise that it's very early days, but could we all make a big effort to ensure that the
      subject headings for posts are maintained carefully....? In other words, if you're starting a
      new thread from a reply, please change the subject heading accordingly.

      Another matter: Yahoo! allows group members to build up a Member Profile. This is a
      great aid a). in formulating your online presence, b). in allowing other contributors to
      understand a little bit about you, where you're coming from.... Can I personally urge all list
      members to ensure that their member profiles get filled in and are updated on a regular
      basis?

      -----------------------

      Paul James Cowie
      BA Hons (Sydney) GradDipEd MA (Macquarie) PhD in candidato

      London, England and Sydney, Australia

      Editor, http://www.ancientneareast.net/
      Area Supervisor, Tel Rehov Excavations, Israel

      PhD Candidate, Department of Ancient History and Archaeology, Macquarie
      University, Sydney, Australia
    • Peter van der Veen
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 16, 2006
        Dear friends,

        I agree with Paul James Cowie,

        Me too I started to work on my Membership profile at yahoo (I shall still add more) and indeed me too I think that this is a wonderful opportunity to get to know each other better. This may also help to bring the right people into contact with each other and stir more in depth discussion in the different relevant fields of research.

        These are great tools and will undoubtedly help to enhance the quality of this new list.

        Best wishes
        Peter van der Veen PhD
        Arbeitsgruppe für Biblische Archäologie

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 16, 2006
          How does one make a membership profile?
          Victor

[...]

          Service.

        • Peter Westh
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 16, 2006
            > How does one make a membership profile?
            > Victor

            There is an answer to that question, and a host of others, at
            http://help.yahoo.com/help/profiles/

            Best,

            Peter Westh
            PhD student
            University of Copenhagen
            Department of Cross-cultural and Regional Studies
            History of Religions Section
            Artillerivej 86, room 2.06
            DK-2300 Copenhagen
            Denmark
            pwesth@...
            +45 40 21 97 16

            Secretary of DAHR
            Danish Association for the History of Religions
            www.dahr.dk