Re: [ANE-2] Looking for images - mirror representations in Neo-Hittite funerary stelae

  • paulina albenda
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2006
      Dear Miguel, I did locate two stelae from Marash that show females holding a mirror; however, the photographs are in publications. (1) Ekrem Akurgal, The Art of Greece. Its Origins in the...(New York, 1966), plate 28 (daughter with mirror). (2) Id. The Art of the Hittites ( London, 1962), fig. 139 (wife with mirror). Of course, there are other examples of mirrors held by women/goddesses in the art of the Neo-Hittite period. My best,
      Pauline A. (New York City)

      Miguel Valerio <mikkivalerio@...> wrote:
      Dear all,

      I would very much like to find some images, just for study for purposes
      (not publication). I am looking for pictures or drawings of mirror
      representations in the Neo-Hittite funerary stelae of Maresh (preferably
      from online resources).

      Any help would be greatly appreciated!

      Thanks very much in advance,

      Miguel Valério