Looking for images - mirror representations in Neo-Hittite funerary stelae

  • Miguel Valerio
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2006
      Dear all,

      I would very much like to find some images, just for study for purposes
      (not publication). I am looking for pictures or drawings of mirror
      representations in the Neo-Hittite funerary stelae of Maresh (preferably
      from online resources).

      Any help would be greatly appreciated!

      Thanks very much in advance,

      Miguel Valério

      Miguel F. G. Valério
      Undergraduate Student of Archaeology

      Dept. História
      Faculdade Ciências Sociais e Humanas
      Universidade Nova de Lisboa

      LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
      http://es.voice.yahoo.com
    • Rafal Kolinski
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2006
        Dear Miguel,

        The best source for photographs and drawings is Dominik Bonatz' recent book "Das syro-hethitische Grabdenkmal". I believe, you will find there disussion on the mirror as inconographic motive in Syro-hittite art. As for web, sorry, I can't help.
        All the Best
        Rafal Kolinski
        Institute of Prehistory
        Adam Mickiwicz Universisty of Poznan

        Miguel Valerio <mikkivalerio@...> wrote:
        Dear all,

        I would very much like to find some images, just for study for purposes
        (not publication). I am looking for pictures or drawings of mirror
        representations in the Neo-Hittite funerary stelae of Maresh (preferably
        from online resources).

        Any help would be greatly appreciated!

        Thanks very much in advance,

        Miguel Valério

        Miguel F. G. Valério
        Undergraduate Student of Archaeology

        Dept. História
        Faculdade Ciências Sociais e Humanas
        Universidade Nova de Lisboa

        LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
        http://es.voice.yahoo.com

      • Robert M Whiting
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2006
          On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Miguel Valerio wrote:

          > Dear all,
          >
          > I would very much like to find some images, just for study for purposes
          > (not publication). I am looking for pictures or drawings of mirror
          > representations in the Neo-Hittite funerary stelae of Maresh (preferably
          > from online resources).

          There is <http://www.biblereview.org/Hittites_in_the_Bible.pdf> which has
          a photo of a funerary stele from Marash with a woman holding a mirror.
          Note that this is a pdf file (also that it is an article from BAR).

          Apart from funerary stele, the BM has a Neo-Hittite stele with a
          representation of Kubaba holding a mirror
          <http://www.thebritishmuseum.ac.uk/compass/ixbin/goto?id=OBJ1664>. The
          mirror was a symbol of Kubaba, but whether this has any connection with
          the funerary stele or not I don't know.

          Bob Whiting
          whiting@...
        • paulina albenda