DSS Isaiah Scroll Online

  • funhistory
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
      Terrific for those with high-bandwidth Internet connections:

      http://www.imj.org.il/shrine_center/Isaiah_Scrolling/index.html

      Note that you can click the little magnifying glass in the bottom-right
      corner to enlarge it, though the first time you do it, it may take a
      few minutes to download all the graphics (sort of like Google Earth).

      It's too bad they don't provide a sidebar on the page with an English
      translation for quick reference, but here's another site that provides
      it:

      http://www.ao.net/~fmoeller/qa-tran.htm

      George Michael Grena, II
      Redondo Beach, CA
    • George Athas
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2006
        Now that's a great tool! If only all the scrolls were available like this.

        Best Regards,

        GEORGE ATHAS
        Moore Theological College
        1 King St, Newtown 2042, Australia

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2006
          On 11/3/06, George Athas wrote:

          > Now that's a great tool! If only all the scrolls were available like this.

          You wanted another one? Here's the Temple Scroll:

          http://www.imj.org.il/shrine_center/temple_scrolling/index.html

          And here is the main website:

          http://www.imj.org.il/shrine_center/

          Yitzhak Sapir
        • Robert M Whiting
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2006
            On Sun, 5 Nov 2006, Yitzhak Sapir wrote:

            > On 11/3/06, George Athas wrote:
            >
            > > Now that's a great tool! If only all the scrolls were available like this.
            >
            > You wanted another one? Here's the Temple Scroll:
            >
            > http://www.imj.org.il/shrine_center/temple_scrolling/index.html
            >
            > And here is the main website:
            >
            > http://www.imj.org.il/shrine_center/
            >
            > Yitzhak Sapir

            Yitzhak, the first URL works fine, and the second takes you to the home
            page, but the links on the home page are broken and lead to an error page.
            In order to get them to work, you have to manually insert "shrine_center/"
            after "www.imj.org.il/" in the address bar. Further, the page shows a
            for www.imj.org.il...".

            I think it needs to be fixed.

            Incidentally, it is a marvellous tool, but don't try it with a dial-up
            connection.

            Bob Whiting
            whiting@....
          • JPvdGiessen
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2006
              For those interested, I've created on my blog an overview of online
              scrolls and ancient books, with a good resolution (ie. the possibility
              to read the text):
              http://bijbelaantekeningen.blogspot.com/2006/11/online-boekrollen.html

              If any of you have additions, please send them and I will place them
              on my blog.

              Jan Pieter van de Giessen
              Blog: http://bijbelaantekeningen.blogspot.com