Re: [ANE-2] open access dictionaries

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 21, 2006
      Actually, she lists herself as "J. Payne Smith (Mrs. Margoliouth)." She and he were responsible for the completion of the last fascicle of the Thesaurus.

      J. A. H. Murray is not listed as an/the editor of (for instance) the shorter Oxford dictionaries that were created by H. W. Fowler on the basis of the published and not yet published fascicles, manuscripts, and files of the OED. (Same publisher, of course!)

      Niether Chiera nor Luckenbill appears on the title page of the CAD in any capacity, even though they were the first directors of the project.

      Bibliographers don't always get it right; when we received the CiP data for The World's Writing Systems, we had to petition the Library of Congress Cataloguing Division to correct the LC classification number they'd supplied.