Re: Assyrian Chronology (was [ANE-2] Re: THE BIBLE UNEARTHED)

  • Ever Wilson
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 31, 2006
      Thanks David!

      Yes, I've since read up on this and there are a few opportunistic conflicts
      for Aramean vs Israel, pertinently with Ahab and then vs Jehu. But...
      still a bit fuzzy. Cities captured by Hazeal were reclaimed a generation
      later by Israel, so I'm not sure if sacking and burning of the cities was
      always a case. The events will have to be subjective to the final timeline
      I suppose.

      L. Wilson

      >From: David Hall <dqhall@...>
      >To: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: Assyrian Chronology (was [ANE-2] Re: THE BIBLE UNEARTHED)
      >Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 05:17:55 -0700 (PDT)
      >
      > To E. Wilson; RE: chronology of Aramaen invasions of Israel:
      >
      > You seem to assume the Aramaen invasion was linked to the Battle of
      >Karkar.
      >
      > Having read Assyriologist George Smith's work there were records of an
      >earlier event that I did not find in your thesis:
      >
      > Asa King of Judah sent tribute to Ben Hadad in order to get him to side
      >against Baasha of Israel. Ben Hadad pillaged Israel. This was before the
      >Battle of Karkar.
      >
      > There are yet problems with dates not aligning, yet I did not see a
      >statement of the probability of error in a wood or seed sample from the
      >ninth century BCE. I do not believe C14 is as accurate as more than a
      >quarter century from the 8th century BCE. There was a boat found in a mud
      >flat of Lake Tiberias near Kibbutz Ginnosar some years ago from the first
      >century. The published date for the boat was c. 100 BCE - 100 CE. Pottery
      >and other artifacts found in and near the boat were also used to date the
      >boat. If they claim the C14 method is as accurate as to let us know the
      >exact year the place was destroyed I would not yet believe them.
      >
      > David Q. Hall
      > dqhall@...

      Search from any web page with powerful protection. Get the FREE Windows Live
      Toolbar Today! http://get.live.com/toolbar/overview