Re: [ANE-2] Re: What archaeologists just may know

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2006
      I think she referred specifically to knowing what exactly a potter does when making a pot.

      Just as when I wrote "A Calligraphic Approach to Aramaic Paleography" (JNES 1984), I found no evidence that anyone who actually knew how to wield a pen had ever studied ancient writing. (I wonder whether Ada Yardeni has read that article.)

      (And "technology" isn't the same as "technique," though several languages don't have separate words for them.)