Re: archaeology question

  • g_gardner1234
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 4, 2006
      On April 26, 2006 I posted this question in post # 1305 :

      "I was recently reading about an image, that was a composite comprised
      of a seven candle menorah, a star of David, and a fish. It was
      reportedly found in the Judean desert in the 1960's as a silver image,
      and then in the 1990's on pottery reportedly found near or on mount
      Zion. I have read pros and cons in relationship to the authenticity of
      this image which is said to be first century ce, but all are from
      non-scholarly sources. Does anyone on the list have any documentation
      or knowledge that would confirm or deny the authenticity of this symbol?"

      I personally have read nothing that is even remotely scholarly, that
      validates this symbol as being first century, but I keep witnessing
      discussions on the internet about it. This was one of the sites that
      was recently mentioned:

      http://www.olimpublications.com/MessianicSeal.htm

      I have never heard of any of these people. Does anyone on the forum
      have any other information? It appears to me that this is a recently
      created "artifact". Thank you all for your earlier responses.

      Gene Gardner