OT: American Biographical Institute

  • Peter Westh
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2006
      During the last half year or so, I have been recieving an appaling amount of
      letters from something called the "American Biographical Institute", each
      letter more rediculous than the previous one. I have been nominated for the
      "Great Minds of the 21. Century" award, for the "Gold Medal for Denmark", to
      mention but a few of the honours bestowed on me.

      I gather that these people have harvested my address somewhere, and the
      timing suggests the ANE-2 list as the most probable place.

      Am I the only one with this problem?

      Peter Westh
      PhD student
      University of ***
      Department of *** and *** Studies
      H*** of *** Section
      Artillerivej ***, room ***
      **-2300 ***
      Denmark
      pwesth@...

      Secretary of DAHR
      Danish Association for the History of Religions
      www.dahr.dk
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2006
        I can't say whether you are the only one; just that I haven't received any such messages.

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2006
          Perhaps we should add a category to our membership "Great Minds of the
          21st Century." Peter, we are honored by your presence. :-)
          Trudy Kawami

          ________________________________

          pwesth@... <mailto:pwesth%40hum.ku.dk>

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 2, 2006
            I am not so honoured. I also got such letters, in those days by snailmail, and they kept coming.

            Niels Peter Lemche

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 2, 2006

              As a matter of fact I recieved another letter announcing who the winner
              turned out to be. I do not remember his name, but presumably he had payed
              the 300$ that goes to "crafting, engraving, packaging and shipping" the
              golden platter to hang above your desk.

              Peter Westh
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 2, 2006
                Gode Peter

                Husk underskrift også selv om det er indlysende, at der er dig. Jeg satte den manglende fulde underskrift ind.

                NP
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 2, 2006
                  Sorry private message to Peter Westh. Well, gave you a chance to brush up your Danish.

                  Hit the wrong bottom -- address.

                  Niels Peter Lemche

                  Husk underskrift også selv om det er indlysende, at der er dig. Jeg satte den manglende fulde underskrift ind.

                  NP

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Thomas L. Thompson
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 2, 2006
                    Kære Niels Peter,
                    Er Dansk dog et brugbare sprog i internationale forskning?

                    Thomas

                    Thomas L. Thompson
                    University of Copenhagen

                    Niels Peter Lemche wrote:

                    Gode Peter

                    Husk underskrift også selv om det er indlysende, at der er dig. Jeg satte den manglende fulde underskrift ind.

                    NP

                  • Jim West
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 2, 2006
                      Thomas L Thompson wrote:
                      > K�re Niels Peter,
                      > Er Dansk dog et brugbare sprog i internationale forskning?
                      >
                      > Thomas

                      Ok- I'll give it a go....

                      "Is Danish now the international language of research?"

                      (I'm sure that's wrong but it was a fun exercise).

                      ;-)

                      --
                      Jim West, ThD

                      http://petrosbaptistchurch.blogspot.com -- Weblog