2007 Midwest AOS/ASOR/SBL conference

  • Waters, Matthew W.
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      Information about the 2007 Joint Annual Meeting of the Midwest AOS, ASOR, and SBL -- including registration, abstract form, and welcome and call information -- is now available via the the Midwest SBL web site
      (http://www.midwestsbl.org/). The conference will be held at Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais, IL (about one hour south of downtown Chicago), February 16-18, 2007.

      The theme of the conference is "Sacred Space: Temple, Synagogue, Church," and we welcome proposals on topics related to this theme as well as other topics. Friday evening plenary speakers for the conference will be Elizabeth Bloch-Smith (St. Joseph's University, Philadelphia) on Identifying Israelite Sacred Space, Tim Harrison (University of Toronto) on Tayinat in Light of Recent Investigations, and John Monson (Wheaton College) on the Solomonic Temple. We are also planning a (Greater) Mesopotamian session on Saturday, Feb. 18th. Speakers thus far include Clemens Reichel (University of Chicago) and Michael Kozuh (Western Washington University). Contact me if you are interested in presenting a paper.

      Please post and distribute as appropriate, and pardon all cross-postings.

      Sincerely,

      Matt Waters
      Secretary/Treasurer, Midwest AOS
      Associate Professor of Classics and Ancient History
      UW-Eau Claire