Re: information

  • E. Adams
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 14 11:45 AM
      --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi
      <luizalexandrerossi@...> wrote:

      > Dear
      >
      > I'm joining the group now. I'm a Brazilian researcher and I'd like
      some help. Nowadays I'm researching about armies, military equipment,
      weapons and violence in tne ancient Near East. I'm looking for images
      about these matters. So, if you have some material about it, I'd
      appreciate if you could send me. Otherwise you could tell me where I
      can find them (sites, libraries, books, etc).

      > Thank you so much
      >
      > Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi

      Sorry to be so late at tuning in:

      A suggestions that might be helpful - I don't know if it's outdated:
      PRS Moorey, "The emergence of the light, horse-drawn chariot
      in the Near East, c. 2000-1500 BC," in World Archaeology 18,2,1986-7.

      This has illustrations showing how little we really know about
      when and how this happened, and a taste of the ridiculous era
      when we thought we knew who dunnit.

      E. Adams