RE: [ANE-2] information

  • yagiz kir
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 10, 2006
      Hi,
      I've been working in the subject also,so I can recommend " the end of the bronze age" by Robert Drews..It contains useful material for the issue. And first of all, I assume, you better read Sir John Keegan's " history of the warfare"..

      best regards

      Yagiz
      Yagiz Kir

      Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi <luizalexandrerossi@...> wrote:
      Thank you for your help.

      Best regards

      Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi
      Rua Eurico Batista de Oliveira, 88
      87053-336 Maringa, Parana, Brazil

      George Athas <george.athas@...> escreveu:
      Y. Yadin, "Art of Warfare in Biblical Lands" is now quite old, but still a classic.

      Best Regards,

      GEORGE ATHAS
      Moore Theological College
      1 King St, Newtown 2042, Australia
      Ph: (+61 2) 9577 9774

    • Christopher Conlan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 11, 2006
        You may also want to look over:

        Paul Bentley Kern "Ancient Siege Warfare" 1999

        Nicholas Postgate "the Assyrian Army in Zamua" (Iraq 2000)

        With regards to images I would suggest that you try:

        T.A. Madhloom "The Chronology of Neo Assyrian Art"

        R. Barnett "Sculptures from the Southwest Palace of Sennacherib at
        Nineveh" 1998

        Hope these help.

        Christopher Conlan

        --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi
        <luizalexandrerossi@...> wrote:

        > Dear
        >
        > I'm joining the group now. I'm a Brazilian researcher and I'd like
        some help. Nowadays I'm researching about armies, military equipment,
        weapons and violence in tne ancient Near East. I'm looking for images
        about these matters. So, if you have some material about it, I'd
        appreciate if you could send me. Otherwise you could tell me where I
        can find them (sites, libraries, books, etc).

        > Thank you so much
        >
        > Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi

      • E. Adams
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 14, 2006
          <luizalexandrerossi@...> wrote:

          > Dear
          >
          > I'm joining the group now. I'm a Brazilian researcher and I'd like
          some help. Nowadays I'm researching about armies, military equipment,
          weapons and violence in tne ancient Near East. I'm looking for images
          about these matters. So, if you have some material about it, I'd
          appreciate if you could send me. Otherwise you could tell me where I
          can find them (sites, libraries, books, etc).

          > Thank you so much
          >
          > Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi

          Sorry to be so late at tuning in:

          A suggestions that might be helpful - I don't know if it's outdated:
          PRS Moorey, "The emergence of the light, horse-drawn chariot
          in the Near East, c. 2000-1500 BC," in World Archaeology 18,2,1986-7.

          This has illustrations showing how little we really know about
          when and how this happened, and a taste of the ridiculous era
          when we thought we knew who dunnit.

          E. Adams