RE: [ANE-2] information

  • Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 10, 2006
      Thank you for your help.

      Best regards

      Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi
      Rua Eurico Batista de Oliveira, 88
      87053-336 Maringa, Parana, Brazil

      George Athas <george.athas@...> escreveu:
      Y. Yadin, "Art of Warfare in Biblical Lands" is now quite old, but still a
      classic.

      Best Regards,

      GEORGE ATHAS
      Moore Theological College
      1 King St, Newtown 2042, Australia
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 10, 2006
        Hi,
        I've been working in the subject also,so I can recommend " the end of the bronze age" by Robert Drews..It contains useful material for the issue. And first of all, I assume, you better read Sir John Keegan's " history of the warfare"..

        best regards

        Yagiz
        Yagiz Kir

        Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi <luizalexandrerossi@...> wrote:
        Thank you for your help.

        Best regards

        Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi
        Rua Eurico Batista de Oliveira, 88
        87053-336 Maringa, Parana, Brazil

        George Athas <george.athas@...> escreveu:
        Y. Yadin, "Art of Warfare in Biblical Lands" is now quite old, but still a classic.

        Best Regards,

        GEORGE ATHAS
        Moore Theological College
        1 King St, Newtown 2042, Australia
        Ph: (+61 2) 9577 9774

      • Christopher Conlan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 11, 2006
          You may also want to look over:

          Paul Bentley Kern "Ancient Siege Warfare" 1999

          Nicholas Postgate "the Assyrian Army in Zamua" (Iraq 2000)

          With regards to images I would suggest that you try:

          T.A. Madhloom "The Chronology of Neo Assyrian Art"

          R. Barnett "Sculptures from the Southwest Palace of Sennacherib at
          Nineveh" 1998

          Hope these help.

          Christopher Conlan

          --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi
          <luizalexandrerossi@...> wrote:

          > Dear
          >
          > I'm joining the group now. I'm a Brazilian researcher and I'd like
          some help. Nowadays I'm researching about armies, military equipment,
          weapons and violence in tne ancient Near East. I'm looking for images
          about these matters. So, if you have some material about it, I'd
          appreciate if you could send me. Otherwise you could tell me where I
          can find them (sites, libraries, books, etc).

          > Thank you so much
          >
          > Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi

        • E. Adams
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 14, 2006
            <luizalexandrerossi@...> wrote:

            > Dear
            >
            > I'm joining the group now. I'm a Brazilian researcher and I'd like
            some help. Nowadays I'm researching about armies, military equipment,
            weapons and violence in tne ancient Near East. I'm looking for images
            about these matters. So, if you have some material about it, I'd
            appreciate if you could send me. Otherwise you could tell me where I
            can find them (sites, libraries, books, etc).

            > Thank you so much
            >
            > Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi

            Sorry to be so late at tuning in:

            A suggestions that might be helpful - I don't know if it's outdated:
            PRS Moorey, "The emergence of the light, horse-drawn chariot
            in the Near East, c. 2000-1500 BC," in World Archaeology 18,2,1986-7.

            This has illustrations showing how little we really know about
            when and how this happened, and a taste of the ridiculous era
            when we thought we knew who dunnit.

            E. Adams