RE: [ANE-2] information

  • George Athas
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 9 5:59 PM
      Y. Yadin, "Art of Warfare in Biblical Lands" is now quite old, but still a
      classic.

      Best Regards,

      GEORGE ATHAS
      Moore Theological College
      1 King St, Newtown 2042, Australia
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 10 9:51 AM
        Thank you for your help.

        Best regards

        Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi
        Rua Eurico Batista de Oliveira, 88
        87053-336 Maringa, Parana, Brazil

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 10 11:35 PM
          Hi,
          I've been working in the subject also,so I can recommend " the end of the bronze age" by Robert Drews..It contains useful material for the issue. And first of all, I assume, you better read Sir John Keegan's " history of the warfare"..

          best regards

          Yagiz
          Yagiz Kir

          Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi <luizalexandrerossi@...> wrote:
          Thank you for your help.

          Best regards

          Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi
          Rua Eurico Batista de Oliveira, 88
          87053-336 Maringa, Parana, Brazil

          George Athas <george.athas@...> escreveu:
          Y. Yadin, "Art of Warfare in Biblical Lands" is now quite old, but still a classic.

          Best Regards,

          GEORGE ATHAS
          Moore Theological College
          1 King St, Newtown 2042, Australia
          Ph: (+61 2) 9577 9774

        • Christopher Conlan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 11 8:43 PM
            You may also want to look over:

            Paul Bentley Kern "Ancient Siege Warfare" 1999

            Nicholas Postgate "the Assyrian Army in Zamua" (Iraq 2000)

            With regards to images I would suggest that you try:

            T.A. Madhloom "The Chronology of Neo Assyrian Art"

            R. Barnett "Sculptures from the Southwest Palace of Sennacherib at
            Nineveh" 1998

            Hope these help.

            Christopher Conlan

            --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi
            <luizalexandrerossi@...> wrote:

            > Dear
            >
            > I'm joining the group now. I'm a Brazilian researcher and I'd like
            some help. Nowadays I'm researching about armies, military equipment,
            weapons and violence in tne ancient Near East. I'm looking for images
            about these matters. So, if you have some material about it, I'd
            appreciate if you could send me. Otherwise you could tell me where I
            can find them (sites, libraries, books, etc).

            > Thank you so much
            >
            > Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi

          • E. Adams
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 14 11:45 AM
              <luizalexandrerossi@...> wrote:

              > Dear
              >
              > I'm joining the group now. I'm a Brazilian researcher and I'd like
              some help. Nowadays I'm researching about armies, military equipment,
              weapons and violence in tne ancient Near East. I'm looking for images
              about these matters. So, if you have some material about it, I'd
              appreciate if you could send me. Otherwise you could tell me where I
              can find them (sites, libraries, books, etc).

              > Thank you so much
              >
              > Luiz Alexandre Solano Rossi

              Sorry to be so late at tuning in:

              A suggestions that might be helpful - I don't know if it's outdated:
              PRS Moorey, "The emergence of the light, horse-drawn chariot
              in the Near East, c. 2000-1500 BC," in World Archaeology 18,2,1986-7.

              This has illustrations showing how little we really know about
              when and how this happened, and a taste of the ridiculous era
              when we thought we knew who dunnit.

              E. Adams