The University of Chicago and the Iranians

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2006
      There's a followup to the earlier story about the U of C and its
      problems with Iranian antiquities:

      http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20060706-011144-4310r

      Jim

      --
      Jim West, ThD

      http://petrosbaptistchurch.blogspot.com -- Weblog

      Je mehr Gnade, desto weniger Sünde -- Huldrych Zwingli
    • Bradley Skene
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2006
        I've heard that the Iranian government is very bad about letting antiquities
        being destroyed by not permitting excavations before dams are built and that
        kind of thing, and that they are doing little to maintain the tombs of the
        Sassanian kings. Does anyone have more definite information about this?

        cheers,

        Bradley A. Skeen