Re: [ANE-2] Re: help please-lead shot,bolt or what?

  • Robert Whiting
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2006
      On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, András wrote:

      > I think, projectile would be the best expression.
      >
      > Andras Szekely
      > retired Hungarian journalist and editor
      > Budapest
      > siculus555@...

      Actually, "sling bullet" is the archaelogical term of preference:

      sling bullet
      A deliberately made missile fired from a sling.
      <http://www.mda.org.uk/archobj/archobjs.htm#95220>

      Bob Whiting
      whiting@...
    • febraun
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2006
        Thanks, I found the best expression, 'bullet' in Wickepedia. They have
        stone and lead types.

        --
        Eliot Braun, Ph D
        PO Box 21 (Rehov Ha-oren 12)