[OT] FireFox extension: Sifrei Kodesh Search

  • Ariel L. Szczupak
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2006
      I think some here will find this of interest:

      https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2820/

      Sifrei Kodesh Search 0.1, by Aaron Sarna, released on Jun 21, 2006

      Combining the power of Firefox, Google and the Mechon Mamre text
      library, this extension allows you to search the Hebrew texts of
      Tana"ch, Mishna, Talmud Bavli, Talmud Yerushalmi, Tosefta and Mishna
      Torah. You can search as broadly as all of these sources or as
      specifically as a single book of Tana"ch, a single tractate of Mishna
      or a single set of Halachot of the Mishnah Torah. The extension
      includes an onscreen Hebrew keyboard to assist those who do not know
      the Hebrew keyboard layout and/or do not have Hebrew input support on
      their machines. (You can use this keyboard to copy and paste Hebrew
      text into other things also).

      This is just the first realease version of Sifrei Kodesh search.
      There are many more features to come, including morphological search,
      search term highlighting and find in page. Let me know if you have
      any other suggestions.

      Works with: Firefox 1.5 - 2.0 ALL

      Ariel.

      ---
      Ariel L. Szczupak
      AMIS-JLM (Ricercar Ltd.)
      POB 4707, Jerusalem, Israel 91401
      Phone: +972-2-5619660 Fax: +972-2-5634203
      ane.als@...