ANE-2 Administrative (was: Re: [ANE-2] TO THE MODERATORS, NOT FOR POSTING)

  • Robert Whiting
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 15, 2006
      On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, E Bruce Brooks wrote:

      > To: ANE-2
      > On: The "Noah's Flood" Thread
      > From: Bruce
      >
      > I second David Lorton's comment. Who is minding the store?
      >
      > Bruce
      >
      > E Bruce Brooks
      > Warring States Project
      > University of Massachusetts at Amherst

      The message from Kevin Edgecomb and the reples by David Lorton, Victor
      Hurowitz, and Bruce Brooks were posted to the list because each of these
      members' posting status is set to "unmoderated" as described by Marc
      Cooper in <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ANE-2/message/688>. This status
      is accorded to those who have shown themselves to be responsible posters
      who are able to follow the list protocols without supervision. The
      moderators do not see messages posted to the list by these members until
      they are posted.

      If one is uncertain about whether one's status is "unmoderated" or not, it
      is simple to check by looking at the headers of a message that one has
      posted. If the headers do not include a header "X-eGroups-Approved-By:",
      then your posting status is unmoderated. If your status is "unmoderated",
      remember that there is no safety net between your keyboard and the list
      and compose your messages accordingly.

      Regardless of whether your posting status is unmoderated or not:

      DO NOT SEND MESSAGES MEANT FOR THE MODERATORS TO THE LIST ADDRESS

      Send traffic intended for the moderators only to:

      ANE-2-owner@yahoogroups.com

      The threads "Flood Bias Again" and "Noah's Flood" are considered closed.
      No further postings on these topics will be approved.

      Bob Whiting
      for the moderators