re: interview

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
      N.B.- take note- the interview appeared in 1992 in Bible Review. I'm
      sorry I sent the previous note before I included this disclaimer.

      I wonder why BAS wants to bring it to public attention just now?

      --
      Jim West, ThD

      http://petrosbaptistchurch.blogspot.com -- Weblog
    • Joe Zias
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
        Perhaps one of the reasons that Shanks is re-publishing this 1992 interview with Frank Cross is that his James Ossuary book is currently selling (used) for one penny on Amazon. Hows that for shelf life ? Seems the reading public should be given more credit than what we have usually given them. The other reason is that fewer and fewer colleagues are willing to write for BAR, the boycott may be somewhat effective, proof of this is his last issue with more ossuaries from the 'Golan' collection. If, I'm not mistaken (I don't subscribe) penned by the same James brother of Jesus author/epigrapher.

        Joe Zias

        Jim West <jwest@...> wrote: N.B.- take note- the interview appeared in 1992 in Bible Review. I'm
        sorry I sent the previous note before I included this disclaimer.

        I wonder why BAS wants to bring it to public attention just now?

        --
        Jim West, ThD

        http://petrosbaptistchurch.blogspot.com -- Weblog

      • finckean
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2006
          The listers should be aware that that interview is just the
          introduction of a book whose title is something like "Frank Moore
          Cross: A Scholar's Life". C. 150 pages of reminiscing. It's out of
          print, and used copies are somewhat expensive.
          Andrew Fincke