Re: [ANE-2] A Neo-Assyrian geographical list

  • Robert Whiting
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
      On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Yigal Bloch wrote:

      > Dear ANErs--
      >
      > There is a Neo-Assyrian geographical list dating to the reign of
      > Assurbanipal, that was published by Rawlinson in _Cuneiform Inscriptions of
      > Western Asia_, vol. 2, plate 53,1. Has anyone published or discussed it
      > since then?

      This is published by Fales and Postgate as SAA 11 1. There is some
      discussion of the text in the introduction there on pp. XIII-XIV.

      And, of course, the text formed the basis of E. Forrer's study _Die
      Provinzeinteilung des assyrischen Reiches_ (Leipzig 1920).

      When looking for Neo-Assyrian texts (except royal inscriptions), SAA is a
      good place to start. It is possible to search online for the publication
      of a text in SAA by either museum number or previous publication reference
      at

      http://www.helsinki.fi/science/saa/search.html

      Bob Whiting
      whiting@...
    • Yigal Bloch
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
        Many thanks to Robert Whiting and Thomas Thompson for answering my question.

        Yigal Bloch,
        Jerusalem