RE: [ANE-2] squeezes of inscriptions

  • Trudy Kawami
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 24 9:19 AM
      Has anyone tried damp mulberry paper which is commonly used for rubbings of East Asian inscriptions? The fibers in mulberry paper and long and "tangled" giving the paper strength & flexibility. Not sure how it would stand up to the semi-soft toilet brush, however. :-)
      Trudy Kawami
      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 25 6:43 AM
        I'm ready for the day when scans will done and the dimensions/data can be
        made available for 3D printers.

        Jimmy K. Doyle

        Oklahoma United Methodist Foundation
        MDiv Phillips Theological Seminary

      • Michael F. Lane
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 26 6:12 AM
          Dear Jimmy, Joe, and Trudy,

          Thanks for the interesting and useful information!

          I think I may forgo photogrammetry for the time being because the budget
          is too tight to permit rational allocation to such for recording the
          inscription, and furthermore, the inscription is rather awkwardly located
          (up a cliff, as I said, across a raised irrigation channel, and facing
          south into the sun).

          I am especially intrigued by the mulberry-leaf paper option, and I am now
          trying to source it in the U.S. and Greece.

          All best wishes,

          Michael F. Lane
          University of Maryland Baltimore County