Notice of Symposium and Deadline for FIRST Call for Papers

  • societystudyegyptianantiquities
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2013
      "PYRAMIDS: THE MOUNTAINS OF PHARAOH"
      Our 39th Annual SymposiumThis winter, The SSEA/SÉÉA will hold our
      Annual Symposium on the topic of "Pyramids: The Mountains of
      Pharaoh". This year's symposium, held in conjuction with our
      Annual General Meeting and Scholars' Colloquium has been scheduled
      for JANUARY 11th, 2014. More information on speakers, venue and
      ticketing will be announced later.
      The Symposium coincides with the Annual General Meeting of the
      SSEA/SÉÉA, and all events will be held on the campus of the
      University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada.
      THE SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY OF EGYPTIAN ANTIQUITIES/LA SOCIÉTÉ POUR
      L'ÉTUDE DE L'ÉGYPTE ANCIENNE
      2013/4 SCHOLARS' COLLOQUIUM
      DEADLINE REMINDER FOR FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS
      The Society for the Study of Egyptian Antiquities/Société pour
      l'Étude de l'Égypte Ancienne invites all doctoral level graduate
      students and senior scholars to submit proposals for papers to be given
      at this year's Scholars' Colloquium. The FIRST deadline for
      submission is AUGUST 31st , 2013. Those who need early acceptance to
      apply for travel grants are urged to apply before this deadline, and to
      indicate the reason for needing early notification in their covering
      email. Proposals will continue to be accepted after this deadline. The
      Colloquium will be held on January 10th and 12th, 2014 on the campus of
      the University of Toronto. Proposals will continue to be accepted after
      this date as long as space permits.
      Proposals for Scholars' Colloquium papers will be accepted from
      graduate students and senior scholars in the fields of Egyptology,
      Anthropology, Classics, Fine Arts, Archaeology, Nubian Studies and
      related fields on ANY topic connected with predynastic, pharaonic,
      Hellenistic, Roman or Coptic Egypt, but must represent an original
      contribution to the field. Presentations may be given in either English
      or French. Papers may not exceed 20 minutes in length.Since a limited
      number of proposals will be accepted, papers will be vetted by
      committee. Interested scholars should send a title and brief abstract of
      their proposed paper to the Scholars' Colloquium Coordinators at
      scholarscolloquium@thessea. org <mailto:scholarscolloquium@...>
      or scholarscoll@thessea. org <mailto:scholarscoll@...> . Please
      note that only proposals submitted in electronic format [i.e. via email]
      will be considered. Abstracts must not exceed 350 words in length.
      Acceptances of papers will be issued beginning in September.
      As noted elsewhere in this notice, the SSEA/SÉÉA is also holding
      its 39th Annual Symposium on the same weekend. Papers accepted for the
      Scholars' Colloquium are not limited to the topic of the symposium, and
      no preference will be given to proposals based on topic. Please also
      note that the SSEA is soliciting proposals for the Scholars'
      Colloquium only.
      NEW THIS YEAR: We will be having a POSTER SESSION as well. We will be
      issuing a separate call for posters in September. For more information,
      email scholarscoll@... <mailto:scholarscoll@...> or
      scholarscolloquium@ thessea.org <mailto:scholarscolloquium@...>